July 11th, 2011
10 Signs it’s Time to Look for a New Job
1. You start getting depressed on Sunday evening, thinking about going to work on Monday.
2. At the end of the day you feel sick and tired, not just tired.
3. You start looking at the clock at about 4:00 pm.
4. Thinking about the boss or a colleague makes you feel nauseated or want to punch someone out.
5. The boss starts documenting transgressions in your personnel file.
6. There is a constant buzz about the organization being restructured and you were the last to be hired.
7. You know that you are being paid less than minimum wage and you are working 10 hours a day.
8. The family keeps complaining that you never have time for them, and you don’t even like what you do.
9. You feel like you never have time to complete anything properly at work so you are constantly frustrated.
10. The manager always seems to send others on interesting courses and overlooks you for promotion.
Valerie Elliott Hyman is a Toronto career consultant for Hyman Associates Learn more about Valerie.